Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Updates


Ok so! On Monday, February 23 I'm starting the 3 month MIT program at Hollister. Working full time is actually really exciting to me, because I can put all my time and energy into that and not worry about other petty bs. I will miss my girls, though. I'll have some nights free. I can kiss Friday nights goodbye for the next three months. So, from now on, if my crew wants to see me it's going to have to be a Saturday night. Fab, I can do that. I worked out a budget and things are looking good. I will tell you one thing, it brought me to tears as I was putting it together, like what I have to pay each month for this and that, I realized again that when my daddy passed away he set it up so all three new cars are paid off. So while other young professionals my age are paying close to $400/month for their cars, I'm SO blessed to have my daddy looking out for me even while he's in heaven.

My frickin goodness, I was so busy today. I had three dr's appts, which added up to literally $95 in co-payments. Oy Vey baby! It was time well spent, because I got everything taken care of. I love my primary care dr. There's a joke in my family that he has a crush on me and treats me better then the rest of them, but AHHH hahaha that's not true! Good ole' Rajiv. I'm trying to help my friend Z get a job. He just finished his time spent with the Marine Corps. He went to my high school, and actually lost his father a few years before I lost mine. My heart goes out to him for a lot of reasons. I have a lot of respect for him. I know the county's are having hiring freezes right now, so I'm trying to hook him up with my mom and sister, and possibly one other lead.
Later tonight I met a girlfriend from high school for dinner. She lost her mother to bladder cancer in 2005. She actually reached out to me when my dad passed away but I just couldn't get things together enough to meet up with her then. We ate dinner at this Peruvian restaurant called Aroma! Mmm. Ahi Tuna Cebache? Is that what you call it? It was the tuna with avocados and lime juice.. Anyway, the flavors were really great together. Best of all, Tuesday night is 1/2 bottle of wine night! Cab Sauv is my new favorite.. Sarah would know all about that...

Alright well now it's chill time.. I'm going to patiently await the arrival of my blackberry tomorrow and do a little cleaning.. Can't wait til Friday.. Heather's goin out.. and that's my GIRL! Basically it's the "get the married couple outta the house/caps game boys night out/girls night combo/Julia's last full FREE weekend to partyyyy/BIG RICH IS OFF WORK!" huge ass bashhhh. If Jody knows what's good for her, she'll come out, too. Gahh I love those party animals.

1 comment:

LadyBug said...

I think I'm finally ok with not being invited out. Hope you all have fun!