Friday, January 2, 2009

As 2008 came to a close...

I've learned...

that it pays to know what you want out of life.
that I'm the most anal account executive my PR classes have ever seen.
that I can't do it all by myself. ...And that's ok.
to pay closer attention to detail.
I take way too many medications and I'm only 23.
I've lost a lot of weight recently, for different reasons, but I love it.
that Prednisone no longer has to rule my health.
that I can't take on the grieving process for anyone else but myself.
that sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you can get back to the top.
that family is the most important thing.
that I'm not a homebody anymore--thank GOD!
that it's ok to sit in your car for five hours straight talking to God and my father.
if you have one good friend, you're blessed.
that enabling a man to hurt and abuse you is just as bad as him doing it.
that having a plan to live by and having a timetable attached to that can be good, but not when it comes to getting married and having babies.
that sometimes you just have to let things happen.
that not many things are in my control.
that there are some boys out there who will never really "get it."
there are actually "good" guys.
I have a problem with commitment.
Love Cures the Commitment Phobe.
that I need to make my daddy proud; he's up in heaven watching down on me as my Guardian Angel.
that just because you click with someone physically, doesn't mean they are boyfriend material.
that having a health condition SUCKS.
that living in that house where all the memories were made.. it's not such a great thing.
that I want Jesus to come back NOW more than EVER.
that I have no reason to be cynical about love, I had a great example of what a relationship should be growing up.
that I better start taking control of my life, with God's help, because nobody's going to do it for me.
that I need to go out and dance more often.. SO FUN!
what I need to be looking for in a future husband.
that I can never take over someone else's grieving process.. they have to do it in their own time, in their own way.
that I don't consider it running away, just a fresh start in a different direction.
that I assume people are full of shit until they prove me otherwise.
that I wish I were smart enough to become a nurse...ahh!
happiness is a choice.
a Mimosa is my new favorite cocktail..Sunday brunch anyone?
not to sweat the small stuff.
to put my death wish aside long enough to realize Life is Precious.
that I need a guy who can put me in my place *sweetly* and who can take my attitude, and throw it right back.
I need a guy who is excited by my craziness!
I need a guy who will take care of me when I'm sick
that it's all in how I enter a situation.. keep it light.
I want to be a successful businesswoman.
I want to get my MBA.
I want to MOVE: GA? NC? PA? TN?

I'm not finished with this, but I have to drive to Richmond tomorrow and I need my energy.. night lovers.. Happy New Year

2 comments:

Travelin Through Life said...

Totally moving to TN...I need you and cant really live without you...ok february you're moving? See you then! :-)

LadyBug said...

I like what you have learned...just don't move too far away...ok?